Strong credit can convey many lifelong benefits, from helping you access the credit and loans you need to saving you money with lower interest rates and even insurance premiums. But maintaining good credit is also a lifelong effort that requires you to diligently manage your credit and finances.
On the MyScoreIQ blog, our goal is to inform readers about credit and personal finance issues. This year, our readers have been interested in topics about common types of credit, such as credit cards and loans, and how they impact their credit (and vice versa).
To sum up the year, we’ve compiled our top ten most popular blog posts:
- Does Shopping Around for a Mortgage Lower Your Credit Score?
- What Happens When You Add an Authorized User to Your Credit Card?
- Are You in the Best Position to Buy a Home?
- How a Credit Score Simulator Can Help You Make Financial Decisions
- How Do I Budget for Holiday Shopping?
- 4 Credit Myths About Late Payments
- How Frequently Should You Check Your Credit Score?
- Check My Credit: What is the Highest Score Possible?
- How is Your Credit Card’s Minimum Payment Calculated
- Does Marriage Affect Your Credit Score?
Our most popular blogs focus on issues directly related to credit reports and scores, from mortgage rate shopping to late payments to how marriage can impact credit. However, our readers are also interested in personal finance matters such as budgeting, credit card minimum payments, and making financial decisions.
With the MyScoreIQ blog, we want to empower our readers to make smart financial decisions that benefit their finances and help them establish strong credit. Our expert guidance takes deep dives into topics that affect your credit and finances and provides real world recommendations for using this information to your benefit.
Want to stay in the know when it comes to your credit? Sign up for our newsletter to the right of this article to get expert advice delivered right to your inbox. You’ll get 25% off our credit report monitoring and FICO® Score plan.
Our credit monitoring plans can help you track your credit report and credit score, with daily credit report monitoring that alerts you as soon as information is updated. Check out our plans and how we stay on top of changes to your credit, and more.